Monday, May 30, 2016

Butterscotch


One sweet that you just can't seem to get enough of are cookies. Who doesn't love a nice big, chewy cookie?!?! Butterscotch chip cookies happens to be one of my favorites, and I actually prefer these to chocolate chip! Is that bad??
Now I'm keeping this post short and sweet because what you should really be doing is taking this recipe and making these cookies yourself. These cookies are big, soft, and chewy. Now when I say these cookies are big, I mean they are big, almost the size of your hand. I like my cookies big because then just one of them will be good enough instead of having to go back for 2 more cookies, and I wouldn't feel all that great if I had to do that and I'm sure most of you feel the same way. Now go make these cookies!
                                                                                                                                                                   

Butterscotch Cookies (Makes 20 big cookies)
2 sticks butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp baking soda
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 bag butterscotch chips  
Preheat the oven to 350*F. Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl. Gradually add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Scrap down the bowl. In a separate bowl sift the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda together and slowly incorporate into the sugar mixture. Make sure to continue scraping down the bowl so all of the ingredients are incorporated.Add the butterscotch chips. Take a ice cream scoop and make a heaping scoop of the cookie dough. Put onto the cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 4-5 min.

NOTE: If you want smaller cookies make sure to watch the time that you are baking them. You could also replace the butterscotch chips for chocolate chips or other add-ins if so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment