Thursday, July 28, 2016

Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Frosting


Who doesn't like a good party? I love a party, but unfortunately this one is for Dinos only. Sorry, no humans allowed. The cake on the other hand should be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.


Originally for this cake I wanted to do gold sequins. The bad part was when it came time to paint the sprinkles the gold paint would go on. It was horrible and I gave up. The upside to this was that I liked it just as it was anyways, but it still needed a little something something to make it better. So I was currently working on another gold sequined project involving gold glitter and tiny little plastic dinosaurs (this project was also not doing so hot either) and the colors of the dinosaurs went perfectly with the bright sprinkles. So I picked a few dinos out, stuck them on top and.... 

Nope. It still needed a little extra pop. I bought some cute little glitter candles online a few months ago and hadn't had the chance to try them out, so I figured that it was now or never and popped a pretty purple one right in the middle. Hence it becoming a Dino Party, cause every party needs a candle! Duh!!!


This cake was so good! I made a chocolate cake and a scrumptious raspberry frosting. I'm lucky enough that a few years ago my mom let me plant some raspberry bushes in our yard. We are currently on our third year of getting these yummy little guys and the bush just keeps getting bigger and bigger! Now for this frosting I had some leftover raspberries from last years picking in the freezer and decided to use them for this particular cake.
                                                                                                                                                                   
Chocolate Cake
Link to recipe here

Raspberry Frosting
About 1/2-1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
2 stick butter
4 cups powdered sugar 
Take the bag of thawed out raspberries and place into a food processor or blender and blend until pureed. Once pureed put through a fine sieve to get rid of the seeds. Place the butter and powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer on the lowest speed to prevent a powdered sugar mess and mix until fully combined. Gradually add in the raspberry puree until you are happy with the results.

NOTE: If the frosting seems a little curdled just add in some more powdered sugar, a little at a time, until it all comes together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment